Wednesday, October 2, 2013

An Ode to A Perfect Father!


My eyes have cried a river
and my heart has wept out all its blood,
The mind is in its own quiver
while the world's sorrow never stop to flood.

I yearned for you
and called everyone a liar,
The thought of you not being around,
burnt me like fire.

Oh! how foolish was I!
I was searching you around,
For when I looked within
I heard your sound.

It was them it struck me
that you've left this world
But you live in my heart and that's a fact,
And while it beats
You will never be gone
and no one can deny that!

For I can hear you everyday
calling from that kite,
And I see you getting ready
with all the style and hype.

And now you're wearing that
half amused half irritated expression,
For I just messed your hair
which took hours for good impression.

And together we are watching Shinchan
and making eggs,
And when its time for a vacation
2 months before you're packing the bags!

When I have to board a train
"Reach before time"
You are shouting in my brain

And outside the exam hall
I felt you patting my back
Saying "you know all you need,
for this exam to be cracked."

And on my birthday you sang the song
silently in my ear,
Right on the strike of midnight,
exactly like last year.

How can they say you are gone?
when i hear you shouting,
On doing something wrong.

And when I am sad I can sense you around here,
and at times
That roaring laughter of yours is ringing in my ears.

And I can go on and on and on...
and write a never ending tale
For Dear Dad
It was Indeed a Golden Age!
And I do wish I never had to say
"I lost my tail."

And although with all the knowledge
and reasons in the world
I know he lives within me,
But Oh!
How much do I wish to just
touch him, hug him and kiss him
And hold him close to me.

And even though this void can
never be fulfilled ever
Moving on with life seems clever.

For misery never prevails
Sometimes it shines,
At other it hails.

All this is easy enough to say,
But hard to swallow
And though my eyes have dried out
My chest fells shallow.
And this stupid mind of mine is searching in vain,
Looking for your shadow to love and laugh and to follow.

Life is hard,
And In your death I know you've found your peace.
But just be happy and contended and also ready,
For we shall meet.

And again there will be greener fields and prettier skies
As far as the eye can see,
For I'll be your Princess and you'll be my Dedda
And the world will again be beautiful and care free.

And being away from you
I lost my chirpy self
Oh! what a shame!
But with you in the Brighter World
I will be a child again.

And from there on, we will go together forever!
Until the end! Until the end! Until the end!

2 comments:

  1. truely amazing...love the way u chreish those thots coz u for sure know that he's never gone...loved it bro....U ROCK....!!!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the power of expression , A reader , while reading can visualize the feelings.
    Don't lose your "chirpy" self, remember what someone told you.
    And even Dedda wants to see his princess smiling :)

    ReplyDelete