Monday, September 23, 2013

KITE!

Its a plain black kite.

I remember the day vividly. I saw it hanging from a tree while I was with my father. And in a blink... almost like enchanted by it, I ran towards it. Ran to claim it as mine... And i remember him grin at me, probably thinking I am too old to run for kites!

The kite came home with me and I decorated it and wrote several(silly) things on it. And also in a small corner of the kite I certified that My Dad was THE COOLEST DAD in the entire world. This kite certificate which I later gave him! Yes it was kiddish...plain stupid I'd say. But, I was oblivious to the fact that it now became a very precious thing for my father... my DEDDA.

So he gets it framed and preserves it. And even after so many job transfers he had, that black kite always found a place in the new house!! It was like his own merit card or something equivalent or perhaps of even greater value than that. It was some trophy for him..."World's Best Dad"!!! \

And now that you are gone... I look at it and sometimes smile by the way you preserved it, sometimes cry-for such stupid thing would mean so much just because I gave it to you, sometimes I laugh remembering your grin when I ran for it, but mostly I feel empty,lost when I look at it. I miss you when I see it. I want to curl up in a shape of a ball and stop the searing pain in my chest. You were and will always be the greatest and coolest and best-est dad...And I will always be your Princess...Daddy's Little Angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment