Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Breaking Free!

I closed my eyes and drift in my imagination.

I am standing on the edge of a cliff. Cold wind cutting through my skin, blowing through my hair and making a mess out of them. Strangely, my hands are tied down together and held around my chest. I am confused and afraid. I look around. Nobody. Alone. Afraid. Aghast. Hysterical. I can feel the pang of anger and frustration building up inside my chest. Weird, I thought my chest was hollow with a huge hole carved in it... apparently i can harbor feelings!! I give a nervous look around. I look down the edge of the cliff... I see no ground... Nothing but darkness..Like its too low for light to reach there. I gasp. I will fall down this never ending blind valley.

I glance around. The sky is clear and mountains as far the eye can see. Bald mountains. No tree. No bird. No sign of life what so ever. Spooky. I feel strangled. Asphyxiated. 

The pain of the rope around hands now shoots to my brain and the trance I had been in while looking around breaks. I must break free. I must channelize my anger to a positive attitude. I must release myself from these bonds. I put my mind and strength to it. 

I try to pull my hands apart. Shouting loudly in the process. Almost, like my desire to break free from the bonds did the magic... in one fluid like motion the rope tying my hands together frees. I shout some more, this time with tears too. And i continue to scream my lungs out to the barren mountains till i cant do it anymore. My hands are free. I feel somewhat lighter. Somewhat changed. 

But the remains of the rope is still hanging from my wrists. I am free, but not completely. I fear some part of that emotion still strangles me. It will try to bind me again and push me down the cliff in the dark abyss of nothingness. I must move on from here. And I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment